Nestle Cares Day 2017 (St. Louis) – Student Conservation Association, social media coordinator | August 10, 2017
- Ran social media for the Nestle Cares Day event in St. Louis. Worked with volunteers and corporate sponsors to promote environmental awareness and education.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Freelance Writer | February 2017 - present
- Writing about biomedical engineering, technology, and health.
Inverse, Editorial & Outreach Fellow | Jan. 2017 - June 2017
- Wrote science and innovation pieces covering topics: environmental science, clean energy, robotics, automation, weird science, health, politics, and breaking news.
EcoWatch, Freelance Writer | March 2017 - June 2017
- Wrote about environmental science, climate action, politics and policy.
The Child Mind Institute, Social Media Specialist | Oct. 2016 – Dec. 2016 (Temp.)
- Developed and maintained social media platforms for the organization. Maintained social calendar. Worked with corporate donors. Created Holiday Ad Campaigns.
Student Conservation Association & AmeriCorps, social media intern for the Roosevelt-Vanderbilt National Historic Site | May 2016 – Oct. 2016
- Tripled the social following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter in six months.
- Spearheaded a weekly blog series about conservation and preservation of the park.
- Coordinated community outreach programs.
Brookhaven National Laboratory, science communications intern | Jan. 2016 – May 2016
- Covered 19 stories in 16 weeks about physics, chemistry, atmospheric sciences, environmental sciences and community events at the Lab.
- Headline: “AWARE Project Launched to Gain Insights on Climate of Antarctica”
Environmental Monitor Magazine, freelance science writer | Feb. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Reported on advancements of sensor technology, pollution, fisheries and environmental science.
- Headline: “Flushing Protocol after Elk River Chemical Spill Not Based On Science”
Southeast Ohio Magazine, staff writer | Aug. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Worked with staff to produce Fall 2015 Issue from start to finish.
- Headline: “A Diamond in the Dust: Tecumseh Theater renovation in progress”
- Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ)
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- Science Writers in New York (SWINY)
- National Association for the Advancement of Science Writers (NASW)
- Content Writing
- Social Media Analytics
- Social Media Management
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
- Blogging: Blogspot, WordPress, & SquareSpace
- Marc and Lila Rosinberg Scholarship 2015
- Robert L. And Teri Gerbig Undergraduate Scholarship 2014
2015 B.S. in Journalism. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, Ohio University
2015 Certification in Environmental Studies, Voinovich School
2014 Screenwriting and Documentary Film Production in Donegal, Ireland
2015 Mephisto Radio & Storytelling Experience in Leipzig, Germany